Obtain an accurate temperature in seconds!
The FT-98 thermometer can be used to obtain a reading in as little as a second. It offers two different functions for your convenience: as a probe which you can gently insert into your ear canal and with a cover that can be placed over the ear probe to gather skin and temperature readings contact-free. The device can be used to help adults, children and infants in 3 simple steps:
1. Adjust to appropriate preset mode (Adult, Child, Object).
2. Assume the initial position of the thermometer depending on function.
3. Press and release the measure button to obtain an instant temperature reading!
Why should you buy the FT98?
Advanced & Affordable Technology Fever Alert System
The item's fast, reactive design sports a smart color-reactive alert system that notifies you of a fever, allowing you to take quick action. It can also toggle sound and save store up to 20 readings in its history, meant to assist portability and physician's reference.
FT-98 X 1
Carrying Pouch X 1
Owner's Manual X 1
AAA Batteries X 2
Order now! Your purchase is protected by our 30-day money back guarantee and 1-year replacement policy at no additional cost!
- The FT-98 device is not waterproof; avoid submerging or exposing to water.
- It's recommended to use the device for ages 6 months and up in an indoor environment.
- For best results please allow FT-98 to acclimatize to local environment 10 minutes before use.
- When recording a reading, please make sure the probe is straight, and the measured surface is clean and dry.
- Do not move when recording a measurement, and wait 10 seconds between readings.
Frequently Asked Questions
What batteries are needed?
2x AAA Batteries are needed for the device to operate.
How close must the device be?
The optimal distance for measurement is a couple inches from the target.
Can you switch F° and C°?
Yes you can change it with the switch located on the side of the item.
What is the FT-98 used for?
The FT-98 device is a thermometer that can provide readings from the forehead, body or any object.
|Can my child use the FT-98?||This device works safely on all ages.|
|Forehead: 34.7°C - 37.3°C / 94.5°F - 99.1°F|
|Eardrum: 35.8°C - 38.0°C / 96.4°F - 100.4°F|
|Mouth: 35.5°C - 37.5°C / 95.9°F - 99.5°F|
|Armpit: 34.7°C - 37.3°C / 94.5°F - 99.1°F|
|Rectal: 36.6°C - 38.0°C / 97.9°F - 100.4°F|
|Object: 0℃ - 100℃ / 32.0℉ - 212℉|
Sound and Backlit Ranges:
|Forehead Temperature (Green Display): 35.0℃ - 37.5℃ / 95.0℉ - 99.5℉ (Green display, 1 long beep)|
|Forehead Temperature (Red Display): 37.6℃ - 42.2℃ / 99.6℉ - 108.0℉ (Red display, 3 short double fever alert beeps)|
|Ear Temperature (Green Display): 35.0℃ - 37.5℃ / 95.0℉ - 99.5℉ (Green display, 1 long beep)|
|Ear Temperature (Red Display): 37.6℃ - 42.0℃ / 99.6℉ - 107.6℉ (Red display, 3 short double fever alert beeps)|
|Object Temperature: 0℃ - 100℃ / 32.0℉ - 212℉ (Green display, 1 long beep)|
|Temperature Units: Celsius(°C) / Fahrenheit(°F)|
|Resolution: 0.1°C / 0.1°F|
|Dimensions: 155.9 x 40.2 x 49.2mm|
|Max Range: 1.2 in / 3 cm|
|Measure Time: 1 second|
|Latency Time: 3 seconds|
|Accuracy (Forehead Mode): ±0.2°C (±0.4°F)|
|Accuracy (Ear Mode): ±0.2°C (±0.4°F)|
|Accuracy (Object Mode): ±1.0℃ / ±2.0℉|
|Memory: 20 temperature readings|
|Weight: 90g (with batteries)|
|Automatic Power-off: Device automatically powers off if it's not used in 10±1 seconds|
|Power Supply: DC3V, AAA x2|
|Operating Environment (Temperature): 10°C ~ 40°C (50°F – 104°F)|
|Operating Environment (Humidity): 15% – 95%RH, non-condensing|
|Atmospheric Pressure: 86kPa – 106kPa|
|Operating Mode: Continuous operating|
|Storage Temperature: -20°C ~ 55°C (-4°F ~ 131°F)|
|Storage Humidity: <=95% non-condensing|
|Storage Pressure: 50kPa - 106kPa|
1. Apply a small quantity of either 1) isopropyl alcohol solution (70%), 2) medicinal alcohol (75%) or 3) sodium hypochlorite solution (3%) on a clean soft cloth.
2. Disinfect the thermometer body and area around temperature probe by wiping thoroughly with saturated cloth, drying quickly with a dry cloth or paper towel.
The FT98 has been tested and conforms to the standard ASTM E1965-98.
Protection against liquid ingress: IP22.
Safety degree of using in flammable anesthetic gas blending with air, oxygen or nitrous oxide: Non-AP/APG.
I love the thermometer, thank-you so much
It does not give temperature readings at all. Don’t buy it.