To receive accurate readings, please follow these tips:
- Low blood perfusion can affect accuracy of your readings. Warm your hands and fingers before taking your measurements by rubbing your hands together. Remember your pulse oximeter is measuring your SpO2 and PR based on your blood flow. If the blood flow in your finger drops below a certain level, the pulse oximeter will not be able to function.
- It usually takes 10 seconds to get accurate readings. Some persons may require a longer time. You may have to wait about 30 seconds for the stable readings.
- Keep your hand still while taking a reading - any movement can cause the inaccurate readings.
- Nail polish and fake fingernails may cause false readings. If possible, switch to an unpolished nail or consider another application site.
- Some medical conditions like atrial fibrillation (afib) and hypotension can result in inaccurate readings. We suggest that you consult a physician before use.